Call us0121 550 4151 Home Property
Request a

Landlords FAQS


We have four options.Managed plus,managed, rent collection and tenant find.You can choose the service that best suits your needs and requirements. For full details of all our service levels please click on 'Landlords Information'. Alternatively you can email us by clicking on 'Contact Us' and request your free of charge information pack.

Yes we are. Our staff are qualified by the NAEA, NFOPP or ARLA so you may rest assured that your home is in the safest pair of hands.

We are also NAEA and ARLA propertymark protected.

There is no specific regulation for Estate Agents. However We are ARLA and NAEA propertymark protected therefore we adhere to the highest standards within the industry.We are members of the ‘Property Ombudsman’ and also all Estate Agents are governed legally by the Estate Agency Act 1979.

As a PROPERTYMARK protected agent we have client money protection via protertymark itself.For more details on our Propertyymark conduct and membership rules you can go to:

You can view our CMP Certificate here.

If your property is mortgaged or you have a loan secured on the property then you must obtain written consent from your lender prior to the tenancy commencing. Your lender may also require additional clauses in the tenancy agreement of which you must inform us and they will often charge a fee for giving their consent for the letting to take place.

It is the responsibility of the tenant or tenants to pay council tax due on a property.

It is standard in most tenancy agreements to stipulate that it is the responsibility of the tenant to arrange and pay for utility services such as gas, electricity, water, telephone and television license.

As your agent we can arrange for the transfer of utility accounts to the tenant and between tenants if your property is let again. Meter readings will be taken at the start and end of each tenancy allowing for closing gas and electricity accounts to be drawn up. We will handle all these matters for you, but telecommunication providers will usually require instructions direct from both the landlord and tenant.

As landlord you are also responsible for all standing charges whilst the property is not subject to a tenancy agreement. i.e: when the property is vacant.

A well-maintained property in good decorative order will help towards a smooth-running tenancy. This will also have a positive impact in the form of a potentially higher rental figure. Moreover, we have found that tenants are more inclined to treat a nicely presented property with greater respect.

As landlord you are responsible to keep in repair the structure and exterior of the property and keep in repair and proper working order the installations in the property for the supply of water, gas, electricity, sanitation and for space and water heating. Repairs and maintenance are at the landlord’s expense unless misuse can be established. Also, interior decorations should be in good clean condition and preferably plain, light and neutral in presentation.

The majority of properties on the letting market are ‘unfurnished’. A good working definition of this term is that it will usually include carpeting or flooring, curtains / blinds and a cooker.

We recommend that you leave only minimum furnishings and that these should be of reasonable quality.

Gardens should be left neat, tidy and rubbish free, with any lawns cut. Tenants are required to maintain the gardens to a reasonable standard, provided they are left the necessary tools. However, if you have very high standards for your garden or if it is particularly large then you may wish for us to arrange visits by a regular gardener.

At the commencement of the tenancy the property must be in a thoroughly clean condition and at the end of each tenancy it is the responsibility of the tenant to leave the property in a similar condition.

It is helpful to the tenant if you leave a ‘useful information’ folder at the property containing manuals and documentation for operating the central heating and hot water system, washing machine and any alarm system. It is also good to include details of when the refuse is collected.

You should provide one set of keys for each tenant. Where we are managing your property we will arrange to have duplicates cut as required, we will also require a set.

If your property is leasehold, as opposed to freehold, then you effectively have the right to occupy a portion of a building for the given duration of the lease, for example 65, 99 or 999 years. This form or ownership typically applies to buildings that comprise more than one unit, such as blocks of flats, though there are increasingly more freehold flats and apartments.

If you are a leaseholder you should check the terms of your lease documentation and obtain the necessary written consent from the Freeholder or the Management Company for the building before letting your property.


Our advertising maximises every possible opportunity to showcase your home to the market nationwide.

We advertise nationally on the country’s largest property portal Rightmove along with Zoopla, On the Market, Prime Location and our very own fully integrated website  We also advertise on various social media sites such as Facebook and Instagram.

Rightmove, Zoopla, On the Market and Prime Location are far the biggest property advertising websites in the country. This means that the interest levels dramatically increase your opportunity to sell for the very best price by placing your home in front of the biggest buying audience.

zoopla primelocation On The Market

Town Centre Location

Our highly visible Town Centre located window display will be a great place to show off your home. Over the years we have found a For Sale or To Let board erected outside the property an invaluable tool to gain interest and extra viewings.

Not only does it clearly identify the property but also may stimulate someone that had not previously considered a move.

Let Board Sold Board